This is a comprehensive two-year MBA degree programme that aims to create future leaders and managers in banking and financial services sector. The programme is meant for students who are passionate to pursue a career in the banking and inancial services sector.
This is one of the most advanced “earn while you learn” management programmes in the country. This fulltime professional management degree involves studying in the campus during the first year and undergoing a paid internship during the second year.
This programme has a rigorous coverage of industry relevant topics that enables its students to not just secure a job but assures that the students build a successful management career in banking and financial services industry. This programme is designed after understanding the best management practices, industry relevant professional skills and Indian banking regulatory standards. This intensive programme involves innovative learning techniques like case-based learning, social learning, active learning, peer learning, industry learning and mentorship-based learning. A blended learning experience involving campus-based classroom teaching, synchronous and asynchronous online teaching, and paid internship is orchestrated over the programme duration.
The programme content is created by experts from banking, financial institutions, global business schools and is in line with requirements from regulatory bodies, certification providers and banking technology partners. This advanced programme is delivered by best of industry practitioners and faculty across the globe with relevant background in the sector.
About SRM AP University
EXPERIENCE THE ART AND SCIENCE OF LEARNING WITH SEAS AND SLABS AT SRM, ANDHRA PRADESH
Spread over 200 acres, SRM University, Andhra Pradesh is a place where different streams converge. And talent across disciplines; engineering to medicine, liberal arts to management, comes together. The Multi-stream research university has the vision to become a truly global world-class institution in the next 10 years with 20,000+ students and 1,500 faculty members.
A Coveted Destination for Higher Education
At SRM Andhra Pradesh, we believe that our future should be in the hands of the best and the brightest. And they should have access to all the resources and advantages of a new-age education destination.
Designed by Perkins + Will, the campus has learning spaces both in and outside classrooms, clubs, recreational facilities, accommodation and dining facility
SRM picks the best and the most dedicated faculty from across the globe
SRM offers a flexible curriculum with IDEAL (Inter Disciplinary Experiential Active Learning). This is at par with curriculums offered by MIT and Stanford. With IDEAL, students can puruse Minors and Specializations along with their Major, and research and design opportunities including internships, the Capstone project and more.
SRM has signed several MoUs, including one with UC Berkeley College of Engineering for Entrepreneurship and Semester Abroad programs and MITx, US for licensing MITx courses.
The University's award-winning Next Tech Lab is a platform to learn, research, and implement big ideas that lead to the creation of organizations and products that make a difference.
Global Academic Collaborations
Global Collaborations to create a Silicon Valley at Amaravati
MIT Curriculum and hybrid learning leveraging MIT
Opportunity for students to intern / do projects in Premier International Universities
An industry integrated and sector specialised MBA degree that prepares you for the best managerial careers in banking and financial services sector
Study in the campus during the first year and undergo paid internship during the second year
Get the best return on time and money invested
Undergo intensive training to earn the certifications from IIBF, NCFM and NISM
Gain proficiency in using industry tools such as Tally, Finacle, FlexCube through hands-on training
Earn a Harvard Business School Publishing Certificate by participating in an Orientation programme designed to impart best in class management practices for 21st Century Managers
Gain advanced professional skills training for Bankers in business analytics and financial modelling using Excel
Access a rigorous career development training including resume creation, mock interviews, aptitude and soft skills training, and job board access
Leverage a continuous mentoring programme orchestrated using Harvard ManageMentor® approach
Experience a pedagogy that includes case-based learning, branch simulation, and social immersion projects
Attain SRM AP Alumni Status and be a part of the network of future leaders in banking and financial services sector
SRM AP uses a rigorous set of admission criteria including a combination of academic scores, assessment of interpersonal skills and fitment to a career in banking and financial services sector.
Only Graduates with a minimum of 50% in 10th , 12th and UG Degree may apply
Candidates also must have earned a score of min 60% in most recent management entrance exam such as CAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, etc. If scores from management entrance exam is not available, students have to undertake entrance test of SRM AP and score a min of 60%
Professionals with less than 2 years of work experience and less than 26 years age may also apply if they qualify the above two eligibility criteria
Students with Diploma and UGC recognised Distance education degrees will have to mandatorily undertake test conducted by SRM AP and score a min of 60%
Students who have secured min 90% marks in 10th or 12th and min 75% in UG Degree can avail a scholarship of Rs 100,000 in the first Semester fees at the time of admission
20 Scholarships worth Rs 50,000 each are available at the time of admission for students who demonstrate passion toward careers in Banking and Financial Services and are in need of financial support
SRM Group Universities and Institutes
SRM Group Accreditations
About GP Education
GP Education is a SRM Group initiative with a vision to create a global online learning company enabling people to achieve their dreams through learning. GP Education provides learning products, solutions and services by leveraging high quality intellect hand-picked across the globe. The rigorous curriculum and content are created and curated with deep understanding of industry and individual learning needs. The most innovative learning and teaching experiences are orchestrated over state of the art brick and click infrastructure with a strong intent to measure and report learning outcomes.
The objective of this programme is to create a steady stream of industry ready working professionals with necessary knowledge, skills, values and attitudes to occupy leadership and managerial positions in banking and financial services sector.
Unlike a General MBA degree, MBA (Banking and Financial Services) provides you
- Paid internship: Access job placement services to enable paid internships and full-time placements in the 2nd year of the program. Our placement team will be committed to provide you with job interviews with attractive salaries that enable you to earn back your investment by the time you graduate from our program.
- Strong foundational regulatory knowledge about banking and financial services sector: You will get trained on curriculum that is in line with regulatory norms prescribed by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance. You can apply and clear the Diploma in Banking and Finance (DB&F) certification in the first year and CAIIB certification in the second year. You can convert DB&F certification into JAIIB certification in the second year.
- Relevant Industry Certifications that would fast-track your career: Unlike other General MBA graduates, you will be trained for acquiring top industry certifications from NCFM and NISM, provided by National Stock Exchange of India, and National Institute of Securities Markets. These certifications will enable you to gain practical knowledge and skills required to operate in the real world financial markets.
- Professional technology and analytical skills that makes you productive from day one at your job – You will get hands-on training on leading tools such as Tally, Finacle, and FlexCube. You will also be trained in advanced excel to implement business analytics and financial modelling techniques
- Access to world class management practices: Our programme incorporates the best management practices borrowed from Harvard Business School Publishing, and leverages a continuous mentoring programme orchestrated using Harvard ManageMentor® approach.
- Exposure to real world business and leadership challenges: You will have an opportunity to grow and learn beyond the classroom environment through social immersion project, mock branch simulation and industry project.
Most General MBA programmes provide job one placement readiness. Our MBA (Banking & Financial Services) programme not only guarantees your placement but also guarantees career success in your chosen sector!
This programme is designed to provide you training for
- Harvard Business School Publishing Certificate
- NISM Series 5A: Mutual Funds Certification
- NISM Series 7: Security Operations and Risk Management
- NISM: Wealth Management
- NCFM: Commercial Banking of India
- NCFM: Business Analytics Module
- NCFM: Financial Modelling
- Tally Pro Certification
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Certification
- CAIIB Certification
- JAIIB Certification
- FlexCube, Finacle and Advanced Excel tools
Yes, our curriculum is focused on the latest skillset required for Banking and financial services industry as per current standards. Also, we periodically update the curriculum to be in line with the market and industry trends.
Minimum 45% is required to pass and obtain the certificate. However, for job placement, students should score 60% aggregate throughout the academics.
The extended duration is double the program duration, which means students have to complete the program within 4 years. But, they may lose on placement opportunities in case of missing or failing in examinations.
- Only Graduates with a minimum of 50% in 10th, 12th and UG Degree may apply
- Candidates also must have earned a score of min 60% in most recent management entrance exam such as CAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, etc. If scores from management entrance exam is not available, students have to undertake entrance test of SRM AP and score a min of 60%
- Professionals with less than 2 years of work experience and less than 26 years age may also apply if they qualify the above two eligibility criteria
- Students with Diploma and UGC recognised Distance education degrees will have to mandatorily undertake test conducted by SRM AP and score a min of 60%
Yes! This innovative MBA programme is designed to cater the candidates with a finance as well as non-finance background.
No! You will have to give entrance test in the upcoming cycle. Please refer the admission section for more details.
Yes. You can apply for the programme and proceed with all pre-admission formalities. Post selection from Admission Committee, conditional admission offer (CAO) will be issued. Post selection from recruiter and admission fees payment a Provisional Allotment Letter (PAL) will be issued to confirm the candidate's admission. The final admission letter will be released once relevant documentation including final degree certificate is submitted and verified by the Admissions Committee of University.
Photograph, 10th and 12th marks sheet, Adhaar Card, PAN Card, Bona fide Certificate, Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate, Graduation Certificate or Provisional Certificate for Students in Final Year of Graduation.
No! This is a full time degree programme where the first year is delivered on campus. The campus locations are SRM IST (Chennai) and SRM AP (Amaravati).
This is a flagship MBA Degree of SRM AP. The University uses a rigorous set of admission criteria including a combination of academic scores, assessment of interpersonal skills and fitment to a career in banking and financial services sector.
Applicants undergo the below 10 step process
- Register using application link provided below and submit application form by paying application fee
- Upload following documents on website for Admission Committee verification: Photo, 10th & 12th & graduation mark sheet, aadhar card, pan card, bonafide certificate, migration certificate, provisional certificate in case pursuing final year graduation
- Complete an online test within 48 hours of application form submission
- Go through personal Interview round with SRM AP Admission Committee
- Post successful selection, accept the Conditional admission offer letter by paying Rs 25,000/- (On final selection, this amount will be adjusted against first instalment)
- Complete admission formalities by paying 1st Year fees
- Book your hostel accommodation and avail transport facilities as per your need. Start your MBA journey!
Hostel and food will be additional. The course is not residential, so local students can choose to stay at off campus SRM AP candidates click here for more details: https://srmap.edu.in/admission-india/admission-hostel-fee-school-of-management/ SRM IST candidates click here for more details: https://www.srmist.edu.in/aboutus/welcome-srm-hostels
Refunds are processed as per university norms. SRM AP candidates click here for more details: https://srmap.edu.in/admission-india/admission-fee-refund-policy-school-of-m anagement/ SRM IST candidates click here for more details: https://www.srmist.edu.in/content/refund-policy